1) The title of a book I saw recently;
2) A weird combination of complexity and simplicity;
3) An emerging theory that grows out of chaos theory and other artistic and scientific responses to the reality of the underlying whimsy of the multiverse;
4) An attempt by humans whose brains can not deal with the actual chaos of reality to impose order onto things that have far too many variables to be undstood by any rule-based system;
5) A philosophy that holds complex things can be understood as if they were simple and simple things can be understood as if they were complex, when, in fact, nothing is as simple or as complex as order-imposing human brains perceive it to be;
6) The scientific study of the philosophy noted above and/or how belief in it interacts with an understanding of the world;
7) All of the above.
All things come in fives, or some combination of numbers that can be added, subtracted, multiplied or otherwise creatively dealt with to make five. (The Law of Fives, Principia Discordia, paraphrased) Seven minus Two is Five. Hail Eris !