With all due respect to my Christian brothers & sisters on the right and left, if prayer could end abortion, it would have done so by now. Calling for more prayer on this issue is a waste of time.
What will end abortion?
- Guaranteeing that no child will be stigmatized due to the circumstances of her or his conception.
- Guaranteeing that no child will be poorly educated, hungry or malnourished, or abused.
- Fully supporting women who are pregnant when their spouse or significant other is in the military, in jail or prison, absent, or otherwise unable or unwilling to provide for them fully.
- Teaching all young people biology, including the full facts (gross and embarrassing as they may be) about sex & pregnancy.
- Teaching all young people the logic necessary to foresee the likely consequences of their actions and the morality needed to prevent them from shoving the costs of those consequences onto others.
All of these are within the power & ability of the American church community to accomplish and they would have already been done if the Christians who call themselves pro-life were following the Way laid out by Jesus, that of Love & assisting the least of these.
As long as the “pro-life movement” is actually just pro-birth, there WILL be abortion. So, perhaps those who call for prayers on this issue should pray that the pro-life movement would live up to its name.