JUST FOR TODAY
The Choice is Mine
1) Just for today I will try to live through this day only, not tackling all of my problems at once. I can do something at this moment that would discourage me if I had to continue it for a lifetime.
2) Just for today I will try to be happy, realizing my happiness does not depend on what others do or say or what happens around me. Happiness is a result of being at peace with myself.
3) Just for today I will try to adjust myself to what is and not force everything to adjust to my own desires. I will accept my family, my friends, my business, and my circumstances as they come.
4) Just for today I will take care of my physical health; I will exercise my mind; I will read something spiritual.
5) Just for today I will do somebody a good turn and not get found out. If anyone knows of it, it will not count. I will do at least one thing I don’t want to do, and I will perform some small act of love for my neighbor.
6) Just for today I will try to go out of my way to be kind to someone I meet. I will be considerate, talk low, and look as good as I can. I will not engage in unnecessary criticism or finding fault, nor try to improve or regulate anybody except for myself.
7) Just for today I will have a program. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. I will save myself from two pests – hurry and indecision.
8) Just for today I will stop saying, “if I had time.” I never will find time for anything. If I want time, I must take it.
9) Just for today I will have a quiet time of meditation wherein I shall think of my Higher Power, of myself, and of my neighbor. I shall relax and seek truth.
10) Just for today I shall be unafraid. Particularly, I shall be unafraid to be happy, to enjoy what is good, what is beautiful and what is lovely in life.
11) Just for today I will not compare myself with others. I will accept myself and live to the best of my ability.
12) Just for today I choose to believe that I can live this one day.
— from Emotions Anonymous